Thursday, 19 March 2015

My first Mothers Day

Right this is ridiculously late and I know you are probably bored of reading mothers day posts but this week has been so busy and germ ridden I have barely had a chance to sit down, I know rubbish excuse! Most of the bloggers I follow have more than one baby, keep house, 3 blog posts a week and work.You are amazing! But of course this post still has to be done! It will be lovely to be able to look back one day and read about my first Mothers Day. A momentous occasion that I am so grateful for.

I am a firm believer that Christmas, Easter, Valentines Day, Mothers Day, Fathers Day etc etc have become so over the top, that people forget the real meaning. To me, they are not about presents or material things, they are a gift. A gift of time to dedicate to the ones you love. Of course you should show your appreciation to your mum/dad/husband etc every day, but it is nice to have days where we just stop worrying about the washing and the housework and just concentrate on each other.

However, When I woke up, Freddie had a little present for mummy, and I was over the moon with it. Mr P had put in so much thought and I was speechless.  Chris has bought me a lot of Jewellery over the years, bracelets, rings, and watches, but I don't own a special necklace, only statement pieces.  I was handed a beautiful box and inside was a beautiful silver necklace which had been engraved with 'Freddie' on one side and '16.11.14' (his date of birth) on the other. I was absolutely overwhelmed, what a beautiful gift. Top marks to Mr P. I have worn it with pride every single day.


I bang on about how much I love Not on the High Street all the time, to be honest, I didn't think Mr P ever took any notice but that is where my necklace came from! It is designed by HurleyBurley and they do so many beautiful pieces.


We brought Freddie into our bed and had lovely cuddles whilst I read my card. Cuddles in bed with my boys is my favourite thing to do.

At half 9 we sleepily headed out for breakfast at Frankie and Benny's. The wider family had all been invited too which was lovely.  My parents and siblings, grandparents and my Auntie and her family all came along so it really was a big family celebration.  I highly recommend F&Bs for breakfast! Food was fab; delicious, hot and refillable coffee! There was 12 of us and we had 9 large full English breakfasts, 2 smaller breakfasts and 2 Eggs Benedict's, with endless toast, orange juice's and coffee's, and the bill was just over £90. Which I think is very good value! We had a lovely time and Freddie absolutely loved the atmosphere and was smiling at everyone. I love seeing him so happy, taking it all in.






Freddie with his Grannie and Grandad
I have to tell you about our serious LOL moment... When the waiter was taking our orders, I gestured to Freddie and said to him "and he will have a large full English with extra bacon", thinking he would laugh, but instead he just said "oh" and went to write it down!!!! Me and Mum just started laughing and said no don't worry we are only joking!  He continued to look so confused? Poor boy.

At the end of our meal all the mums got a free bottle of wine of our choice! Result! Free wine is the best wine!

We then spent a lovely afternoon at Chris's mums house. Freddie was in a fantastic mood and played happily for ages. He even did his first proper laugh, he usually just squeals with excitement but he did a proper dirty cackle! Wonder who he gets that from? *cough*Mummy*cough*.

By half past two we were exhausted having been at breakfast by ten o'clock, so we headed home and I fell asleep on the sofa. When I woke up, Mr P had cleaned the house top to bottom and had done the washing! He is a keeper that's for sure. Then I had lots of lovely cuddles and played with my gorgeous boy and finished off with a Chinese.

The perfect day.

Chris spent the whole day telling me what a wonderful mum I am and how proud of me is for the mum I have become. So by 8pm I was feeling pretty big headed haha. On a serious note, I would like to say a huge thank you to Chris for making me feel so special, and reminding me that being Freddie's mummy is the best job ever.

Happy Mothers Day to all the wonderful women out there who have traded expensive perfume for baby sick, swapped partying for night feeds and who have given up their perfect toned tummies!

Especially to my own incredible mum, who has done so much for me that I couldn't possibly write it down, and thank you for becoming the most fantastic, loving Grannie. We love you.

And too those whose mummy's are no longer here, I spent Sunday thinking of you, sending you love, I hope you find peace in all your wonderful memories.

I hope you had a special day.

With Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my latest post! I would love to hear all your comments, or you can email me at mrpbabyandme@gmail.com or facebook me, tweet me... whatever takes your fancy!