Wednesday, 18 May 2016

My hopes for you, my baby boy


During the 38 weeks I carried you, I spent so much time dreaming of what you would look like, what colour hair you would have, would you even have any hair. I would lay awake at night stroking my tummy, telling you all the exciting things we would do together once you were here safely in my arms.  Would you be sporty like daddy, or musical like mummy, or would you break the mold and be an artist (something neither of us can do!)

It was clear from a young age you had something special about you, a spark, a fire in your eyes. I hope that never, ever burns out.  I hope no matter how bad a day you are having, no matter what is happening around you that you can always keep your passion for life, your passion for exploring.


Watching you run through fields yesterday moved me. I have seen you play outside a million times but this was different. This was the biggest field you had ever been in, I could have watched you for a thousand years.  I love the way you run like a little penguin, running like you will run forever, the excitement you have for everything around you, the grass, the sky or 'ska' as you like to call it, the leaves on the ground and the aeroplanes in the sky, I adore the way you squeal every time a bird swoops by or a dog runs past. The world can be a scary place, I wish I could keep you safe in my arms forever but I know before long you will be desperate to spread your wings, I wish I could make the world a safer place for you but sadly I don't think I can.  So I hope you never stop seeing the goodness in everything around you. Appreciate the beautiful world we live in, and be kind, always.


I could hope for you to be top of your class, become a doctor,  an astronaut or something else cliche. But I hope for something so much more for you than wealth.  I hope you will be the kind of person people want to be friends with, don't be the kind of person who turns their nose up at the homeless man outside the station, or looks away from a person in need, we are equal, we are all human.  Always take the time to smile, you never know how that smile might just change someones day. 

I hope you always follow you dreams, no matter how scary they may seem, grab hold of the opportunities life throws you and run with them. If I hadn't followed that same advice, I wouldn't have you.  And follow your heart, or at least always give it a try, even if it all goes tits up, at least you tried (and dad and I will always bail you out!)



I hope you find your passion in life, and I hope you always do your best. Work hard at school, education opens doors, but if academia isn't your thing, just do your best and we will find where you excel, whatever path you choose we will be so proud of you. 


I hope you find love, real gut wrenching love. Whatever form that love might be, everyone deserves to be loved and have someone to love, to talk until 3am with, to explore the world with and argue about whose turn it is to do the dishes with.

I hope you always make time for fun, laugh until your belly hurts.  It can be hard sometimes when bills need to be paid and the dirty dishes are piled in the sink to remember not to take life too seriously.  I never take anything too seriously, something which drives your dad mad, but life is too short not to have fun and I hope your life is full of fun and silly antics.


Above all my darling, I hope for you to be happy. Be happy, work hard, laugh hard, follow your dreams and believe in yourself, because we believe in you. be proud of who you are. Never stop exploring baby boy, never stop believing in the goodness of the world.


I know these things seem strange now, you are still so tiny, still my baby.  But every day you are growing, getting braver and more independent.  I love how fiercely independent you are, it makes being your mummy hard work, but I wouldn't have it any other way, plus you get it from me anyway!


I can't wait for all the adventures we will have together Freddie William. You make me feel happier and prouder than I ever knew was possible.

Lots of Love, always, Mummy x

PS I hope you never stop shaking your booty when you hear a good tune. I also hope you might consider eating vegetables.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my latest post! I would love to hear all your comments, or you can email me at mrpbabyandme@gmail.com or facebook me, tweet me... whatever takes your fancy!