Saturday, 14 May 2016

Wedding Series - The Perfect Venue



 After a fab meeting with our Wedding Planner today I thought it would be nice to write a post all about how we chose our perfect venue and share some sneak peak photos!

When planning a wedding, the first thing most couples do is start searching for their dream venue.  Before we started our search we wrote a list of the essential things we wanted from a venue, this enabled us to quickly rule out some of the venues we liked. 

Here are the things on our essentials list;
  • Lots of outdoor space with the possibility of an outdoor ceremony
  • Music until 12am (believe it or not, 4 of the venues we loved had to have no music after 11, and one was no music after 9pm?! boringggg) 
  • Room for up to 90 people for the Wedding Breakfast and at least 40 extra for the evening
  • Flexible food options, as we were not keen on having a formal three course meal
  • A stunning staircase - this sounds a bit of strange one, but I had always dreamed of coming down a big dramatic staircase, with my dress sweeping behind me!
  • Location - we originally started planning get married in Santorini, Greece but we realised as beautiful as it was there, it was really important to us both to get married in close to home.
We looked at a couple of venues, both really beautiful, we even set a date and put a deposit on one, but after thinking and thinking and thinking about it, we realised it just wasn't the one for us.  At 4am one morning I woke with a place in mind, a place I had totally forgotten about. A place that I loved. I emailed them asking if we could come and visit and to my surprise they emailed me back first thing in the morning and fitted us in to visit the very same day.  I really do think it was meant to be because the moment we drove in I just knew it was the place we would be married and when I looked over to Mr P as we drove up the driveway he was grinning from ear to ear, he knew too.  One of the lovely things about this venue is that my Auntie and Uncle had their wedding here about 15 years ago! I never would have guessed as a little 8 year old that I would also one day marry my love in the exact same place.

I love how grand the venue is, you get so much for your money.  We are on a very strict budget and this venue certainly doesn't give that away. With its sweeping driveway, huge grounds, beautiful rooms and detailing and views as far as the eye can see it really is just spectacular.  Mr P's 'Wow' as he walked around to the gardens really says it all! 


We will be getting married outside on the beautiful terrace and we will stand elevated, looking out onto our guests and the valley, on the veranda which has a stunning tiled floor, I am a sucker for a beautiful floor! If the weather isn't good to us however, we can choose to have our ceremony in the 'Gold Room' which again is very pretty with high ceilings, chandeliers and gold detailing.



Our drinks reception will also be on the terrace for guests to enjoy the views, explore the grounds and games competitions on the lawns.



We also have a conservatory where guests can rest their stilettos and still enjoy the gorgeous outside, a large yet cosy bar area, and the Drawing Room where we will devour our Wedding Breakfast and dance the night away.  The drawing room has dark wood floor, large windows and doors onto the terrace and a high ceiling which will be covered in twinkling lights.  It really is going to look beautiful, I am so excited!! A large venue means more decorations and I am more than happy to oblige. I think I officially own the contents of Hobbycraft and The Range!


The venue also has rooms for us to get ready, so we can enjoy those stunning views while we get our hair done! we have our own little  balconies, and it will be so exciting knowing the boys are getting ready there too, so close but not being able to see each other will feel so exciting.  And, I will get to come down my sweeping stair case!


Love how the terrace is covered in lovely flower arrangements
These are the stairs I will walk up to marry Mr P... hoping I don't trip!!

Now we have past the three month mark I am feeling SO excited and looking forward to sharing some more wedding details with you soon. How did you choose your wedding venue?

Now time to pray for no rain...

1 comment:

  1. If you are visiting this weekend, here are some tips on how to take part in the festivities long lasting sparklers for wedding

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my latest post! I would love to hear all your comments, or you can email me at mrpbabyandme@gmail.com or facebook me, tweet me... whatever takes your fancy!