Saturday, 3 September 2016

Wedding Series: Personal Promises


Chris and I decided to write our own personal promises for our ceremony.  It really meant a lot to us. They were read after the legal vows and before we exchanged rings.

I wasn't sure I wanted to share them on here, they were so personal and so emotional.  both of us could barely speak for tears.  So many of our guests however have told us how beautiful they thought the vows were and that they would love to have a copy to read, so here they are for all to see.  It has been so emotional to read them again.  I can't wait to see the photos our photographer captured of us reading our vows.

Chris' Vows to me -

"Amie...
Today I have loved you for 2243 days.
I look back at us with the biggest smile when I think about how far we have come together.
From shy beginnings where neither of us were brave enough to tell each other how we felt, to excitement, romance, wonderful memories and unbelievable happiness that you continue to bring me every single day. 

we now have our own home that we worked our socks off for, we now have the most amazing son who fascinates me more and more each day.  now I can finally stand here with the biggest smile because today we are getting married.

Some may say we have done things the non traditional way, but I say we have done them perfectly.  

None of this would have been possible had I not been lucky enough to find you. 

Most men would never admit to dreaming about the women they would marry, but I did dream, and my dream was you. 

I promise that you can always count on me to make you smile and to make you laugh, or to hold your hand when if you are scared and you will never have to struggle in life with me by your side.  

I promise that as long as I am alive that you will never be alone, you will never question if you are beautiful, you will never wonder if you are loved and you will always know that you are worthy. 

I cannot wait to see what the future holds for us now together as husband and wife. "

My vows to Chris -

"Chris, I never imagined all those years ago that our friendship would turn into something so much more.

In these six years I have fallen in love with you again and again,
Countless times, without reservation.  In you I have found everything a girl ever dreams of, we have shared so much over the years and I am a better women and mother because I have you.  
I still can't believe that today, I get to marry my best friend. 

I promise to always be by your side. 
To be your biggest supporter,
To challenge you and make you laugh,
And to share with you the beautiful moments in life.

it doesn't matter what struggles we face together, or how much time has passed, 
I know that we will always be a team. 
That we will always find strength in one another
And that we will continue to grow side by side.

I beleive in every truth of what we are,
and I will love you always.
To the moon, round the stars and back again."

I could never have imagined how emotional saying those words would be.  I was blown away by the beautiful words Chris wrote, his promises truly took my breath away.  It was by far my favourite part f our day.  while we were speaking it was like time stood still. After we exchanged our rings and were officially man and wife, we had arranged for my sister to bring us a selfie stick and we took a 'first kiss as man and wife' selfie, which I haven't shared before!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my latest post! I would love to hear all your comments, or you can email me at mrpbabyandme@gmail.com or facebook me, tweet me... whatever takes your fancy!